Tonight I drank a fair bit. Not as much as my “usual” night out. In times past, I’d stagger home, eat something — anything to help alleviate the inevitable hangover waiting at the door-step in the morning.
The last 4 or 5 days, I have been quite successful at moderating my alcohol intake. I can’t believe how well I have been feeling. Unbelievable really. Indescribable. Anyway, tonight I blew it, went back to my wiley ways, but not as much as I’ve done before…many times before.
Usually, after a night of drinking, I’ll scavenge, then go to bed. Nothing much happens biologically until the next morning. Tonight is an exception to that. When I got home, I had to go to the washroom post-haste. So I sat there reflecting, commiserating….but most poignantly thinking to myself….”Hmmm…makes sense…after giving my body a break for a few days…dump a bunch of alcohol in there, which you know, is POISON…that my body wants to get rid of it as soon as possible!” Duh!
Thus was my experience tonight! And I’m grateful for it! I gotta say–and already know–that the booze is pure poison, folks! It doesn’t belong in our bodies, no matter how the alcohol industry wants to paint it. Bottom line is, it’s POISON!
P.S. It’s now about 15 hours since writing. I just edited out a lot of what I wrote. What’s left here is the only stuff worth keeping. The rest was drunken-slop. I shouldn’t write after drinking…